This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

date language issue and screen login background

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alainroger
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

1. When my laptop boot on Kubuntu 20.10, my login screen (first time) display date in Slovak language (while i want it into french).
Once logged in, i can see the date format in my taskbar in french.

Q: How is it possible that login screen displays a different language than french ? In regional settings i have everything in french.

2. When i log-in for the first the login screen background display background image i have setup in the settings.
However if I lock computer and try to unlock it with user password, the background image is not displayed. I only have a black background.

Q: How can i fix it ?

thx

Kubuntu 22.04 / kernel 5.15.x
KDE 5.24.5 / KDE framework: 5.95 / Qt version: 5.15.3
Mamarok
Manager
OS
you should not put two issues in the same topic, as those are different items that do not always belong in the same sub-forum...

Anyway:
1. this should be reported to your distribution, as they handle the language packages. No idea why this happens, and it makes no sense if you don't have other languages installed. One possible explanation could be an SDDM theme that has some hard-coded language settings, in that case this should be reported to the theme author.

2. The lock-screen background has no relation to the SDDM theme AFAICT, but with the Splash screen which is a different item. For some obscure reason mine does display a different splash screen than the one I currently use on startup.... It does display one from a Global Theme I tested a few months back which seems weird.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...