This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Multi screen issues due to my setup

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wodger
Registered Member

Multi screen issues due to my setup

Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:47 am
Hi all,

Continuing my adventures in linux I have currently got to a point where things are starting to work in my favor, but I think I'm running into a plasma / KDE issue.

So currently my setup involves 2 screens (there is a 3rd but its disabled for now and not really part of the setup) The main screen is an Acer Predator X34 (1st gen) Gsync capable up to 100Hz - Main screen, the 2nd screen is an LG screen from 2008, 1680x1050, non gsync - Top screen.
Everywhere I read before says you can't get gsync running with multi screens without some magic, I managed to do it with some caveats:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=263213

So thats where I'm at, at the moment. I have this overlaying problem on the main screen, which shows during the lockscreen, I can't move windows around on the top screen as it will crash kwin (but can resize), when starting apps on the 2nd screen, they will start in random positions (usually offscreen in a position somewhere between 32767 x 32767).

I can't seem to move the overlayed screen off the main screen - I have tried to move it using xrandr but its firmly anchored at 0,0 (it would be nice for it to appear on the top screen instead of black.

Anyone any thoughts?