This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Custom shortcut not sending key input included in trigger

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
irritate-clambake-patient
Registered Member
I think the steps to recreate might be the easiest way to describe my issue:
  • Go to System Settings -> Custom Shortcuts -> Edit -> New -> Global Shortcut -> Send Keyboard Input
  • Set the trigger to be Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T
  • Set the action to be "t:e:s:t" without the quotes
  • Apply the changes
  • Test shortcut somewhere like a text editor
The expected result would be to see the text "test" appear but instead I get "est". Changing the action to "t:t:e:s:t" gives me "test". If I just change the shortcut to Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S then the input text is "tet". It seems like it is dropping the first occurrence of the key used in the trigger.

I previously had a few shortcuts set up that worked fine. It was sometime in the past few weeks that the behavior changed to the current. Any ideas what is causing this? Or ideas for a fix better than doubling the first instance of the trigger key?

System information:
  • Kernel Version: 5.9.16-1-MANJARO
  • KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.2
  • KDE Frameworks Version: 5.79.0
  • QT Version:5.15.2
  • OS Type: 64-bit
  • Graphics Platform: X11
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Same Plasma version here, and the Shortcut produces nothing at all. So either I am doing something wrong, or something is definitely broken, but that should be reported to https://bugs.kde.org. The forum is the wrong place for bug reports.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
irritate-clambake-patient
Registered Member
Thanks for checking on your end. I wasn't sure if I was just being dumb or if this was an actual issue. I followed up with a bug report Bug #434251.