This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Display rsolution always reverts to default resolution

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Fintan
Registered Member
OS
Hello all
I have set my display resolution to 1680x1050 Display manager.

Whenever I reboot after a long session of a few days shut down the screen reverts to 3840x2400 and I have to go the whole resetting process at that very small and hardly readable resolution.

Where I set 1680x1050 as default?

Cheers F.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
In the System Settings -> Hardware -> Display and Monitor -> Display Configuration, did you save the display properties for any display arrangement? Then it should not revert.
IIRC the configuration should be stored in ~/.config/kdeglobals
On the other hand, if you have trouble reading in the native resolution, why not change the scale factor? This would keep the pixel resolution optimal, but enlarge he content

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Fintan
Registered Member
OS
Thanks Mamarok

Mamarok wrote:In the System Settings -> Hardware -> Display and Monitor -> Display Configuration, did you save the display properties for any display arrangement? Then it should not revert.

That was set. Still reverts.
IIRC the configuration should be stored in ~/.config/kdeglobals

Hmm.. I cannot find anything there setting default resolution
On the other hand, if you have trouble reading in the native resolution, why not change the scale factor? This would~/.config/kdeglobals keep the pixel resolution optimal, but enlarge he content

Tried setting scale to 300% That does not help.

BTHW I am using plasma 5.21.2.

Cheers
F
Fintan
Registered Member
OS
Still no solution. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Dell XPS 9700, Manjaro KDE latest update plasma 5.21, Frameworks 5.80
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You always have the option to set the resolution in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. The details on how to set the different options can be found in the man page you get with
Code: Select all
man xorg.conf
You will have to restart the X Server to make sure the options are enforced. This can be done simply by logging off and back in again

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Fintan
Registered Member
OS
Thank you very much that is exactly what I was looking for and forgot.... :) :(