This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Icon Size in systray.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kayman
Registered Member

[SOLVED] Icon Size in systray.

Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:55 pm
Hi everyone,

My OS Version: Q4OS 4.6 Gemini
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.12.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.0-8-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit

I wish to increase the icon size in systray. In the previous KDE version I simply opened the main.xml file with Kate and changed the number between <default>1</default> to either 2 or 3.

However the main.xml file in KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5 is different and I am unsure on how to proceed manipulating the file to increase the system tray icons.
Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kayman on Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dzon
Registered Member

Re: Icon Size in systray.

Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:23 pm
Depends which icons. Systray icon size is set from within systray itself. Launcher icons..... If you go to system settings>appearance>icons, there's a setting at the bottom of that window. Icon size of, say, launchers, is also determined by the plasma theme versus the panel height you use. However. If you're using kde on a debian based platform, there's a good chance it'll be a hit or miss. That is, debian has this "ui cramp" issue. Everything is more cramped in each part of the desktop. Some distros like MX, Sparky or Siduction don't seem to have this problem. At least, less. For instance, on debian, you'll always have to set the panel height relatively high ( -er, compared to, say, Kubuntu) to get proper sized, for example, launcher icons. Always.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
kayman
Registered Member

Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:28 am
Thanks for responding!

I was referring to the icons displayed within the Panels Bar System Tray which is located on the bottom right-hand side of my monitor. The System Tray contains among other: Networks, Volume, Notifications etc..

KDE is on Debian GNU/Linux 11.

Manipulating the settings under system settings>appearance>icons will not achieve my desired icon size in the Panels Bar System Tray.

In previous KDE versions I did this:
Code: Select all
pkexec env DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY KDE_SESSION_VERSION=5 KDE_FULL_SESSION=true dolphin

2. Establish Authenticity;
3. In /-Dolphin go to: /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.private.systemtray/contents/config/main.xml
4. With my favored text editor (Kate) open the file main.xml and change the default number referring to the System Tray icons to a larger one as desired;
5. Save the changes as implemented;
Code: Select all
killall plasmashell && kstart plasmashell

As mentioned in my original post, the file main.xml in KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5 is different and I am unsure on how to proceed manipulating the file to increase the system tray icons.
Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
Cheers...
dzon
Registered Member

Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:00 pm
Well, like I said. Tick the settings button in the systray. There you can choose between small or adaptive size. Unless you really need a very specific size that is.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
kayman
Registered Member

Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:04 pm
dzon wrote:Well, like I said. Tick the settings button in the systray. There you can choose between small or adaptive size. Unless you really need a very specific size that is.

I made it work, thanks.
===Solution===
Right-click panel, click Edit Panel, mouse over System Tray, click configure, activate the radio button beside 'Scale with Panel height, click OK - done.