This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Make the App Launcher icon bigger on panel than 48px

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jasonbailey
Registered Member
Hi all,

I'd like to make the application launcher on the panel bigger than the 48px limit being imposed in system settings, as I'm on a high DPI screen and the 48px size is too small for my tastes. It seems like there was a way to edit one of the rc files to get this to work but I can't seem to find it. Searching has only led me to posts about resizing the menu itself, which is not what I'm after.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!!
aguila
Registered Member
Hi all,

this is just to support jasonbailey's request for bigger panel icons.

I have been using a panel with auto-hide at the bottom of the screen for the past ten years I have been using KDE Plasma and was quite annoyed to find out the size is now limited to 48 px.

Please, please allow for up to 128 px. It really matters to me.

Thanks for any assistance on this issue.

Cheers,

Aguila
jasonbailey
Registered Member
Does anyone know how to make my application launcher icon (as it appears on the panel) bigger than 48px?

As I understand it, the only way to configure it in the system settings is by navigating to Appearance > Icons > Configure Icon Sizes, clicking on Panel, and then moving the slider. In my case, 48 is the highest option I have, and it's much smaller than my liking.

I'm guessing there is a ~/.config/rc file somewhere that I can edit if needed, but I can't seem to figure out what file I need to edit. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Is your panel bigger than 48 px? If you resize the panel, the icons should also change size with it, as they are svg files. It won't be locked to 48 px as a max size.

If you want the icon to fill the current panel thickness more, you would either have to modify the Plasma Style files, or try a different one that has less padding on the panel.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
jasonbailey
Registered Member
It's on a high DPI screen and the panel is 160px wide. I've tried several different styles and the icon is about the same size no matter which style I use.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Have you tried monitor scaling as opposed to expanding the panel? That is what I do when I am connected to a 4K screen.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001