This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to make one mouse left and the other mouse right handed?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
McMadden
Registered Member
I have a kingston "expert mouse", which is a trackball (go figure), that I need to set up for left handed operation as i switch between it and a regular mouse to help reduce fatigue in one hand.

I have only been able to fine an arch wiki page for a logitech trackball based on libinput i think but haven't' been able to get it working. I was able to get it working in XFCE (who'da thunk?) as it had a little pull down to specify the pointing device and then config accordingly. I am really hoping there is something similar hidden in the depths or KDE settings or maybe something I can install.

The arch wiki was a bit confusing to me about the different methods so I am hoping there is a more noobish option.

Thanks in advance!
McMadden
Registered Member
Nada? Meaning its not possible? :(
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Well it is not KDE or Plasma specific but a setting you need to make manually in the X11 section, as suggested in the Arch wiki. >There is all the information you need, can't really help you more.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...