This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE 5.24 errors

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Iainnitro
Registered Member

KDE 5.24 errors

Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:55 pm
Greetings:
I am using Arch Linux and I am running into a couple of errors I have never seen before. One seems to be carried over from my installation of Arch 02-2022 iso. That is when trying to update my user picture, I get a crytic error that just says the update failed. (Red box at top of users panel in system settings. The other one is brand new following the update of Arch this morning (pacman -Syu). The system loads fine, but my loading screen (after SDDM) reverted to the default KDE version instead of my custom selection under splash in KDE system settings. Once again, looking at the panel, the one I selected is still selected and apply is greyed out. Reselecting the screen was not helpful.

My System is:
Arch Linux (vanilla) with KDE installed from base repo with Wayland (including xwayland) on amd graphics card. Here is my info from the about panel in system settings:

Operating System: Arch Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.0
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.90.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.16.8-arch1-1 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 6 × AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1075T Processor
Memory: 23.4 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon RX 460 Graphics

Just noticed that my vulkan driver is not installed correctly, which may be part of it. Please advise,
Thanks in advance!
--Michael