This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Breeze, Fusion, Oxygen, ...: where are they configurated?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vincenzocaselli
Registered Member
Having used KDE Plasma on different distros (Arch, KDE Neon, Kubuntu, Debian) I see that System Settings / Application Style always shows (at least):
  • Breeze
  • Fusion
  • Oxygen
  • MS WIndows 9x
so I guess they are defined/configured inside Plasma (independently from the specific distro).
I can't find however where, inside Plasma, they are defined/configured/listed.
I would expect to find some system folder containing files or subfolders with the above names.

Some KDE Plasma developer can help?
Thank you very much
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

The themes can normally be found in /usr/share/themes. The basic window decorations are defined in Qt itself afair.
vincenzocaselli
Registered Member
koffeinfriedhof wrote:Hi!

The themes can normally be found in /usr/share/themes. The basic window decorations are defined in Qt itself afair.

well, indeed I am referring to Application Styles under Appearance, which are a separate concept.
They are not Themes (Global Theme section), nor Window Decorations (another specific section)

What I am looking for is a concrete example of a folder or a file where one can see items like Breeze, Fusion, Oxygen and MS WIndows 9x.
Please if someone see them into their filesystem can you post which distro are you using and where you can see these Application Styles listed?
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Have a look at the Qt Style example. Breeze can be found on https://github.com/KDE/breeze, the Qt-Styles at https://github.com/qt/qtbase/tree/dev/src/widgets/styles.

The GUI-settings are available with
Code: Select all
kcmshell5 breezestyleconfig