This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Could KDE global keyboard shortcuts be activated on Key up?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ossamanasser
Registered Member
I love using KDE, I can tailor it to my needs.
But one of the main hiccups for me is how it responds to keyboard shortcut.

I write software using Intellij Idea, in which there is a shortcut to format, organize and rearrange code (ctrl+shift+alt+l), if I setup KDE with two languages (let's say Arabic and English) and I set the global shortcut for switching lay out to (left alt+left shift), as soon as I hit those keys the layout changes before I can complete the shortcut to (ctrl+alt+shift+l), even If I finish the shortcut or start with ctrl, the switching layout activates before the desired shortcut.

I don't want to disable shortcut for an application using window rules.

I believe this is possible if the trigger is changed from key down to key up, in which the entire shortcut could be examined, or adding a simple delay timer in order for the shortcut to finish (e.g. 100 ms)
teaker
Registered Member
Hello Ossaman,

in Linux system, Ctrl, Alt, Meta and Shift are considered as hot keys and the input will be only triggered after using another key. These keys cannot be used at their own (Meta is the only exception because of certain delay I think). I am also wondering how the system accepted the shortcut with the hot keys but I am guessing you are using an old plasma version.

Please change your language switching shortcut to left alt + left shift + any other key.

Cordially