This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Change All Folder Colors

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
appateritisr
Registered Member
OS

Change All Folder Colors

Mon May 23, 2022 1:54 pm
I must be doing something wrong. I fully expected plenty of threads on this, but can't find any. Is there some way to change the color of all the folders in KDE Plasma from that blue color? I'm using the Breeze Dark theme and icons. I’ve tried alternative icon packs, but the closest I found changed the Application Launcher icon to an Apple icon. I'm fine with the rest of the theme. I just want to change all the folders to be plain old manila colored.

Operating System: Fedora Linux 35
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.17.8-200.fc35.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 12 × AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS

Re: Change All Folder Colors  Topic is solved

Mon May 23, 2022 2:14 pm
Hi!

How did you search? "kde plasma change default folder color" finds a lot of stuff, including the actual solution:
Systemsettings → Applications → File Associations → inode/directory ⇨ change General Icon
appateritisr
Registered Member
OS

Re: Change All Folder Colors

Mon May 23, 2022 3:54 pm
koffeinfriedhof wrote:Hi!

How did you search? "kde plasma change default folder color" finds a lot of stuff, including the actual solution:
Systemsettings → Applications → File Associations → inode/directory ⇨ change General Icon

I'd seen that answer, but couldn't find a way to change the icon. It never occurred to me to click on the actual blue icon sitting right at the top. :< Oops.
dzon
Registered Member

Re: Change All Folder Colors

Mon May 23, 2022 4:02 pm
?? There's tons of iconpacks out there. Get one from, say, the kde store, and put them in ./local/share/icons. There are selection adaptive ones like chameleon, rainbow..that change the folder color to the selection color. Nowadays plasma does that as well (although not nearly as good as chameleon imo). Then there are scripts that allow you to create all kinds of color scheme icon sets. Then there are services that allow you to change individual folder colors. The folders in the screenshot is done with a script I made which uses the breeze rounded iconset. https://imgur.com/a/mxuTN3s

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.