This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can only print to PDF <Solved>

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rwayland
Registered Member

Can only print to PDF <Solved>

Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:05 pm
Hi all, I posted this issue to another section but saw it wasn't where it should be.

Whenever I try to print a document, the print screen only has the print to pdf file option. I cannot choose my networked printer. I can print to my printer from another distro using KDE and from Windows 11 but not from KDE Neon.

Settings show the printer and I can print a test page but that's it.

Thanks for any help.

On another note, where does one post printer issues? I keep getting put everywhere but where I think I should be. The guide is not very helpful.

Solution: After the fourth or maybe it was the fifth removal and reinstall, the printer finally started printing from all apps in KDE Neon.

Last edited by rwayland on Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebluequasar
Registered Member
OS

Re: Can only print to PDF

Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:39 am
Hello
Can you print to your network printer from non-KDE applications? If such apps, like Firefox, LibreOffice, etc. can use your printer but not KDE applications, it might be this bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=455798
If that's the case, a workaround might be using something else, like Firefox, to print your documents in time this bug gets fixed. Also, it is probably a good idea to comment in the bug report if you're having the same issue, so the developers could have a better idea of the extent to which this bug has affected users.
On the note to where to report printer issues, I'm kinda new to Linux and KDE and don't know any better.
zoodany
Registered Member

Re: Can only print to PDF <Solved>

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:01 am
rwayland wrote:Hi all, I posted this issue to another section but saw it wasn't where it should be.

Whenever I try to print a document, the print screen only has the print to pdf file option. I cannot choose my networked printer. I can print to my printer from another distro using KDE and from Windows 11 but not from KDE Neon.

Settings show the printer and I can print a test page but that's it.

Thanks for any help.

On another note, where does one post printer issues? I keep getting put everywhere but where I think I should be. The guide is not very helpful.

Solution: After the fourth or maybe it was the fifth removal and reinstall, the printer finally started printing from all apps in KDE Neon.

Still no luck for me. Either Gwenview and okular are pretty reluctant to printing my docs. They allow me just to print to PDF.