This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE wallpaper does not persist, except when system installed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xahodo
Registered Member
So, I've got this strange issue where the wallpaper does not persist, unless it's installed by my distribution.

How did I try to change my wallpaper?

right click desktop -> configure desktop and wallpaper -> wallpaper -> select a wallpaper -> apply.

The wallpaper gets applied, alright. However, if it's not installed by the package manager of the system, it does not persist through reboots or relogins.

Does anyone know what might be at issue and where I might look to fix this issue?

The distribution I'm using is Solus Linux, and I tried on their forums and the reply has basically been "reinstall" (I have done that often enough with Windows, and I don't want the nightmare back).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--xahodo
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Weird, I can't reproduce this on my distribution, the wallpapers are in my home folder, Desktop session saved on exit.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...