This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

customize system-tray-display-setting/switcher

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gio
Registered Member
Hello,

I'm new to KDE. I run it for three weeks now, after I did a new DE valuation, when I switched from 11 years of Ubuntu to Manjaro recently. And I really like KDE.

Now I'm searching for a way to customize the applied commands, when clicking on the display-switcher in the system-tray of the standard panel.

That is because I have one of two monitors, that seems to not be recognized properly. When I now switch to my second monitor from the system-tray, then the refresh-rate of my monitor is set to about 30Hz. This happens not, when I simultaneously turn off the first monitor.

So everytime I want to turn on the second monitor a xrandr -q --verbose
outputs:
Code: Select all
1920x1080 (0x1ea) 74.250MHz +HSync +VSync Interlace *current
        h: width  1920 start 2008 end 2052 total 2200 skew    0 clock  33.75KHz
        v: height 1080 start 1084 end 1094 total 1124           clock  60.05Hz

As a workaround I used a mini-app called "text command" to feed it with a:
xrandr --output DP-1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60

But I'd really like to use the standard display-setting from the system-tray, because it looks nicer, and I don't want to put three widgets to my panel to have all the options I need.

So, is there a way to get to the applied commands and change them, for the sytem-tray-display-widget? I would like it to apply simply the commands I need, like:
xrandr --output HDMI-0 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60 && xrandr --output DP-1 --off
xrandr --output DP-1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60 && xrandr --output HDMI-0 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60
xrandr --output DP-1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60 && xrandr --output HDMI-0 --off

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and answers.