This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Set Wine colors to match KDE4 theme?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS
Does anybody know how to set the wine colors so programs fit in with the KDE4 color scheme as best as possible? Basically what I need is to know what entries in the KDE4 color configuration correspond to which windows system colors, or a script that will do it for me. I have found it for KDE 3, but that does not help me much and my attempts at trial-and-error left my windows programs almost unusable. I know the match won't be perfect, but I was hoping for something slightly less jarring than what I have by default.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
dtritscher
Registered Member
launch winecfg and switch to the tab called "desktop integration". There you will find some options to configure the look-and-feel of your windows apps.
Edit:
I forgot to mention that you can install and select XP themes as well (in the same place as above). If you find a theme that matches the Oxygen theme a bit more, leave a post here ;)

Last edited by dtritscher on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dtritscher, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS
Thanks, the "desktop integration" tab is what I am trying to get more information on. In that tab you can set your own custom colors for different UI elements. What I am trying to find out is which colors in that tab correspond (roughly, perhaps) to which colors in the KDE 4 Colors systemsettings module.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
SeaJey
Registered Member
OS
q4wine:
General features:
- Can export QT color theme into wine colors settings.

kubuntu 10.04 AMD64 - KDE 4.4
AMD - radeonHD - M-Audio revolution 5.1