This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

OpenOffice filepicker dialog under KDE 4.2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vomus
Registered Member
Hi!
I was wondering whether there is any work to port a filepicker dialog for OpenOffice to KDE4.2. In fact, all the KDE integration for OpenOffice to KDE4. It seems rather stupid now to start a KDE3 infrastructure just to open/save a file in OO.org. :-)

vomus, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS
vomus wrote:Hi!
I was wondering whether there is any work to port a filepicker dialog for OpenOffice to KDE4.2. In fact, all the KDE integration for OpenOffice to KDE4. It seems rather stupid now to start a KDE3 infrastructure just to open/save a file in OO.org. :-)

I don't know what's going on with that port, but in the meantime you could switch OO.org to use its own fileselector. It's certainly not as good as the KDE4 fileselector, but it's servicable - and starts faster. When I use the KDE3.x fileselector, there's a very noticable lag when calling up the selector.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
foolosophy
Registered Member
And what about using KDE file picker for Firefox? Can't find how to do it in KDE4.