This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kde4.2 Kickoff Menu not "Fitt-law"-Friendly

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
onguarde
Registered Member
Peace!

I've recently updated to kde 4.2 and all's nice and all. The only real bummer is that the new kickoff's back button is not placed at the leftmost part of the screen. I tried moving the whole thing with Alt+left click closer to the edge but it simply resets itself off the edge.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/32faa725614004

I'm sure this is a big enough usability problem to warrant attention.

Any ideas?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
It cannot be moved any closer to the left of the screen because of the Plasmoid border, which is required. ( and is done by internal Plasma infrastructure ) I do not believe it can be bypassed.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
onguarde
Registered Member
bcooksley wrote:It cannot be moved any closer to the left of the screen because of the Plasmoid border, which is required. ( and is done by internal Plasma infrastructure ) I do not believe it can be bypassed.

Hmm.. it was not so in kde 4.1. This was the default then. I see no reason to change this since it would be a significant user inteface regression.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Hmm, this ( in KDE 4.1 ) was probably a bug brought on by a bad config file. Either way, they are currently investigating a way for Plasmoids to merge with the side of the screen ( mailing list, so this might not happen )

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]