This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Making Right Click Unavailable?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MadAskiwi
Registered Member

Making Right Click Unavailable?

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:13 am
Hi All

This may sound like a typical newb question, but here I go. I've been asked to get KDE to a point of being a usable kiosk. I have been asked to make sure that right clicking is not available and that there is no easy way to get to a Run Command box.

As stated, I am very new to the world of Linux distro's and KDE, so this has been a very big step for me (my experience is with M$ products from dos upwards).

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to disable right clicking in KDE? And possibly removing and/or the alt+ctrl+delete menu?

I am using KDE 3.5.5 with Debian (unsure of release).

Thanks all in advance

Rob
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS

RE: Making Right Click Unavailable?

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:30 am
MadAskiwi wrote:Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to disable right clicking in KDE? And possibly removing and/or the alt+ctrl+delete menu?

As for disabling right-click and the run-command box: install kiosktool. I'm not sure where it is in Debian, but I know it should be available. Note: I haven't used it in a long time, but DO try it on a non-critical box first...as I recall it, it's not immediately obvious how to use it (kinda like the windows group-policy tool...it's easy to make stupid choices there too).

alt-ctrl-delete? I don't have a KDE 3.5.5 version handy so I can't recall what that combo does. The logout dialog? If so, the kiosktool can handle that too.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
google01103
Manager

RE: Making Right Click Unavailable?

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:32 am

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x