This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't change system time, i get 3 errors.. :(

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
QueenZ
Registered Member
OS
Amine27 wrote:Konsole is your friend :)

Code: Select all
date MMDDhhmm

eg :

date 02202124

as root of course

awesome, it worked!! :)

QueenZ
Registered Member
OS
You are not going to believe this but a little while after i set my date with date command it reset it back... :( What's going on..?

sayakb
Administrator
OS
That sure sounds like wrong syncronization.
Right click on the Digital clock on the panel, select "Digital clock settings" -> Timezone
And set "Clock defaults to" to "Local"

Now try setting it from Konsole.

cooltrooper
Registered Member
Hi guys

I just tried to change the time today as we entered to Summer Time and I'm having exactly the same problem as the original poster. Get the same messages. I have tried all the suggestions here and it didn't work.
cooltrooper
Registered Member
Hi guys

I am having the same problem as the original poster. I tried to change the time on my Kubuntu 8.10 running KDE 4.2 and got the same error messages. After trying all the suggestions the only one that worked was to use the date command. However that is not really a solution to the original problem as I'm still unable to use the Data and Time app on System Settings to change the time or to set it to use a NTP server. Does anyone know a way to fix this KDE problem. Before I upgraded Kubuntu last week I could change the time fine with KDE 3.5.

I would appreciate your help.
Thanks.
Alec
Registered Member
OS
QueenZ wrote:You are not going to believe this but a little while after i set my date with date command it reset it back... :( What's going on..?

You set the time on your system but you did not save it to the hardware. You need to run the following as root to do that:

# hwclock --systohc

Get problems solved faster - get reply notifications through Jabber!