This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasma Wallpapers Brainstorming

Tags: plasma, brainstorm plasma, brainstorm plasma, brainstorm
(comma "," separated)
Hans
Administrator
OS

RE: Plasma Wallpapers Brainstorming

Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:04 pm
To me, there's no difference - I personally don't think the Lancelot thread should be moved either. As ivan pointed out, these threads don't follow the format 'one idea per thread'.

I like your other suggestion though. I'll talk to the rest of the staff members and see what they think.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:33 pm
So it looks like this isn't going to happen. So should I start transferring the idea one-by-one? I need to keep my lead somehow and I am running out of ideas ;)

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:36 pm
Well, about transferring ideas one by one, it shouldn't be done.

I can set up an "Open Brainstorming" section (give me a better name), for ideas like these. For other similar threads that are popular (like the Lancelot thread), we can have a sticky link in the original forum as well for some time, so that the users can keep track of it.

TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:12 pm
I would call it "compilation ideas". "Consolidated ideas" may work as well.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:47 pm
Well, the only issue I see with this section that I cannot be able to possibly differentiate it from the other Brainstorm subforums. Neither is it appropriate to have another forum on the index page.

Suggestions?

TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:41 pm
Is it possible to separate them similar to how "Important Threads" and "Forum Announcements" are set up? There shouldn't be too many threads like this.

-NASA in 1965
ash
Registered Member

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:40 pm
the nice gradients efects from kde 3 ? i'd do this a bit another way

add those effects (and others too) to kolourpaint

add a button 'edit wallpaper in kolorpaint'

when you click it - wallpaper is copied to a custom wallpapers folder in ~/.kde4/customwallpapers and copy opened in kolorpaint for editing

edit it freely in kolourpaint save exit

when saved (file on hard drive replaced with new one) its updated in the (still open) display settings

you can edit and save multiple images

when desktop settings opened all the custom wallpapers appear along with the kde wallpapers in the list

there is also button open custom wallpapers folder. when clicked it opens in konqueror and you can change its contents manually
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:20 pm
A script system to slideshow would be useful. There is much sources of images so, an easy system that can be called and returns an URI would be fantastic.

For example, I write a simple ruby script that returns one random imagen from my digikam album and I can pass album name or even tag as parameter. I think that write a digikam pluging is a lost of time but a script engine would be very useful in future. A good example is Superkaramba or Amarok.

Ignacio Serantes, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:24 am
Is it possible to separate them similar to how "Important Threads" and "Forum Announcements" are set up? There shouldn't be too many threads like this.

Well, there already are a few threads there as sticky. I'll suggest that we wait for some time as I, and the rest of the forum staff are busy with other forum work on the top of their ToDos. I'll set something up soon after consulting the team.

sayakb
Administrator
OS

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:29 pm
Okay, I did a bit of a research in this aspect. What I found that with the upgrade that is scheduled, we will have a feature to have this new section inside kde brainstorm, but separated from the other subforums "invalid", "duplicate" etc.. (ie. having it's own box).

So that is a definite to-do after the upgrade process :)

priomsrb
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:29 am
Hi,

I recently made a starfield wallpaper:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/St ... ent=105973

Quite a lot is possible with plasma wallpapers. But the problem right now is that realtime wallpapers are quite CPU intensive. If we can get openGL acceleration then it would be awesome
handheldcar
Registered Member
OS

Re: Plasma Wallpapers Brainstorming

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:31 am
Hello, I would like a setting that would choose a random type of wallpaper such as pattern, slideshow, etc.
Jix
Registered Member

Re: Plasma Wallpapers Brainstorming

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:18 pm
I'd love to see a "Particle Network Animation" overlay.

Here's an example
https://codepen.io/franky/pen/LGMWPK