This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] re-ordering icons in the panel KDE 4.2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rcellis
Registered Member
OS
How do you move icons around on the panel? I distinctly remember doing that at one time - but now I see no menu option to do so.
sayakb
Administrator
OS
Unlock the widgets by right clicking on desktop/panel -> Unlock widgets.
Now click on the panel "cashew" on the extreme right side of the panel. You should now be able to move the widgets around.

TeaAge
Alumni
OS
Look at this screencast:
http://blip.tv/file/1645394/

Regards,
TeaAge

TeaAge, very proud KDE 4 User and to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
rcellis
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for the how-to.

Not sure I see the logic of presenting a second 'panel' bar which in itself plays no role in moving an icon around.

Perhaps KDE 4.3 could require the clicking on a beachball icon..which makes a dancing bear appear in the upper right corner of the screen.... and THAT allows you to see a cross-hair over certain icons on another part of the screen which indicates that you can change the color of the underlying task bar..... or something like that.

You sure Microsoft isn't slipping something into the teams drinks?

Seriously, thanks for the tip. And seriously - the recent 'improvements' to KDE are bizarre.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
Well, this second bar is just the configuration... panel... for the panel... Ok, this sounded weird, too. :-)
Whatever, if this is solved for you, please use the SOLVED button to mark this thread as such.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.