This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't set mouse acceleration?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
beischer
Registered Member

Can't set mouse acceleration?

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:16 pm
Hi,
I try to find a way to set the mouse acceleration i KDE. The dialog where I can set "acceleration" only sets the speed for the mouse. What I want to do is set the acceleration like I set it in MS Win XP:

- Speed = pixels the cursor moves on screen compared to mm I move the mouse.

- Acceleration = pixels the cursor moves on screen compared to the speed I move the mouse.

... so if I move the mouse slow I get a "high resolution" in my mouse and if I move the mouse fast I get "high speed" in my mouse...

Quite a bad explaination of my problem, but I really can't find a way to make this setting.

Magnus

Last edited by beischer on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: Can't set mouse acceleration?

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:27 pm
This could possibly be the "Pointer Threshold" setting in System Settings > Computer Administration > Mouse.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
beischer
Registered Member

RE: Can't set mouse acceleration?

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:59 pm
bcooksley wrote:This could possibly be the "Pointer Threshold" setting in System Settings > Computer Administration > Mouse.

To adjust the "Pointer Threshold" and "Pointer Acceleration" makes it a little bit better, but still not as good as setting the acceleration in Win XP. If "Pointer Threshold" and "Pointer Acceleration" is the only way to set speed/acceleration there is room for improvements that will make the mouse response in KDE feel much better. Any other users on the forum that have similar opinions about this?