This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to change Window Look & Feel

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dpatrick
Registered Member

How to change Window Look & Feel

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:44 pm
Hello All; I am new to Linux and KDE. I've recently installed Ubuntu followed by KDE and now use it as default. What I need to be able to do is change the window look and feel. Some we sites look rubbish with the majority of widgets looking like an old mac interface. I don't have a great laptop - graphics is Mobile Intel 945 series

Ultimately - I'd like a Windows Vista look and feel for all Windows including better fonts displayed with the browser. Can this be done and where do I go from here? Even with a different theme most Windows look like the old MAC interface

Thanks - and sorry if this is a little vague
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You can change a variety of settings, including Colour theme, widget style and window decoration in System Settings > Appearence.

Assuming you are using KDE 4, then there will be inbuilt functionality in some / all of these to download new styles, which might match the design you are after.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
toad
Global Moderator
OS
You might find www.kde-look.org helpful. Your first port of call is, of course, system settings - appearance.

Debian testing