This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can you use custom GNOME themes for GTK aps?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
JontheEchinda
KDE Developer
OS
Yup, no sign of him on the internet at all for the past few months. The project seems entirely dead.

JontheEchinda, proud to be a member of the Kubuntu team since July 2008.
everest
Registered Member
OS
JontheEchinda wrote:Yup, no sign of him on the internet at all for the past few months. The project seems entirely dead.

Wow. I hope they're ok! If they quit computers good thing it's open source I guess!

LinuxDNA.com Project Architect
KDE 4.4 | nVidia drivers in twinview | X-Fi sound card
Moblin Linux / FC 11 / Gentoo / Ubuntu
zakonnik
Registered Member
OS
JontheEchinda wrote:Yup, no sign of him on the internet at all for the past few months. The project seems entirely dead.

Well, that explains why gtk-qt-engine doesn'to work. ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file is not a part of it, and doesn't work either. At least as supposed to does. When I'm putting there theme called "Blackgarden", everything's fine, but I had no results when I downloaded and applied "Vista" theme. Anyway it's not distro related issue.

HP Pavilion dv9680
Slackware64-current | kernel 2.6.32 | kde 4.4beta2 | QT 4.6 | opera 10.10
everest
Registered Member
OS
zakonnik wrote:

Well, that explains why gtk-qt-engine doesn'to work. ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file is not a part of it, and doesn't work either. At least as supposed to does. When I'm putting there theme called "Blackgarden", everything's fine, but I had no results when I downloaded and applied "Vista" theme. Anyway it's not distro related issue.

So it sounds like it just doesn't like the Vista theme... there is an engine you need to get it to working though... did you have the gtk-ubuntulooks-engine.rpm/.deb package installed installed? (still does not work anyway for me - however the nimbus engine does work just fine and displays the theme fine.

zakonnik
Registered Member
OS
Thaidog wrote:So it sounds like it just doesn't like the Vista theme... there is an engine you need to get it to working though... did you have the gtk-ubuntulooks-engine.rpm/.deb package installed installed? (still does not work anyway for me - however the nimbus engine does work just fine and displays the theme fine.

I have no/hadn't gtk-ubuntu, gtk-qt-engine and whatsoever installed.
Slackware doesn't use rpm or debs ;]

HP Pavilion dv9680
Slackware64-current | kernel 2.6.32 | kde 4.4beta2 | QT 4.6 | opera 10.10
everest
Registered Member
OS
zakonnik wrote:
Thaidog wrote:So it sounds like it just doesn't like the Vista theme... there is an engine you need to get it to working though... did you have the gtk-ubuntulooks-engine.rpm/.deb package installed installed? (still does not work anyway for me - however the nimbus engine does work just fine and displays the theme fine.

I have no/hadn't gtk-ubuntu, gtk-qt-engine and whatsoever installed.
Slackware doesn't use rpm or debs ;]

Right but what I'm saying is when I installed the Vista theme in to gnome it said it would not work unless you had the gtk-ubuntulooks-engine installed. So I installed it and it worked in Gnome. Still no go in KDE. In that respect it's like the SUN nimbus-engine... but that one works just fins for me in KDE.