This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ALT + é shortcut

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ginette
Registered Member

ALT + é shortcut

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:25 pm
Hello there,

When I try to assign ALT + é shortcut on my french keryboard somewhere in KDE4, ALT + É appears and it never works. Whereas ALT + &, ALT + " and ALT + ' work perfectly.

Any idea?

Many thanks,
Martin.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: ALT + é shortcut

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:01 pm
You may wish to try setting the appropriate keyboard layout in System Settings > Regional & Language.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
ginette
Registered Member

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:10 pm
Many thanks for your help.

But I have the same problem with my laptop and several desktops installations, even when I change the keyboard layout...

But maybe I do not change it the way I should...

Martin.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:22 pm
You are probably changing it the correct way, given that characters which aren't the keys you are pressing are showing up, I would recommend filing a bug report, especially since your can reproduce on a few different systems.

Please upgrade to KDE 4.2 and try to reproduce there if you are running older versions of KDE 4. Bug reports can be filed at bugs.kde.org

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
ginette
Registered Member

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:34 pm
bcooksley wrote:You are probably changing it the correct way, given that characters which aren't the keys you are pressing are showing up, I would recommend filing a bug report, especially since your can reproduce on a few different systems.

That will be done soon.

bcooksley wrote:Please upgrade to KDE 4.2 and try to reproduce there if you are running older versions of KDE 4.

All my computers are under 4.2...

Thanks a lot!

Martin.