This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Smudgy Graphics, Random Lines/Boxes, Black Desktop Cube...? Help...??

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ssccrab
Registered Member
I'm using KDE 4.2.1 on openSUSE 11.1, and everything seems to be working fine, as far as speed and performance go. However, there are some minor issues with the graphics that I'm not necessairily comfy with. There are a lot of smudgy graphics, such as, when moving the mouse around on the desktop, or anywhere for that matter, icons within the task bar, like the Volume and system update icons, appear to smudge very bad, and after a bit they go back to normal, only to repeat the process again. Same this happens with text. Black lines and boxes randomly appear on the screen while also moving the mouse around the desktop or windows. The Application Launcher sometimes displays lines or offset text when opening. The desktop cube, when accessed, appears completely black, with only a little bit of gray outlining the top and bottom of the cube. My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce 9500GT, with the latest drivers for my version of SUSE, and processor is an Intel Core 2 Duo (I doubt that makes a difference). I've ran all system updates and everything appears to be in order. I do not have Compiz or Compiz Fusion installed, and am solely using the built in effects with KDE. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix to this issue (patches/repositories I may need), and what can I do about it?? Thanks so much for your help!!

Last edited by ssccrab on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ssccrab
Registered Member
Can anyone help me with this problem at all??? :-(
Zarin
KDE Developer
OS
Disable the blur desktop effect.