This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ugly frames in some applications

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Stinkstiefel
Registered Member

ugly frames in some applications

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:49 pm
Hello,

i think KDE4 looks really great but with a few exceptions :-)
Not all apps have this sunken or beveled frame that e.g. dolphin, kate or kmail have.

Examples are Konqueror, Okular or Gwenview. There is no border between the toolbars and the document frame.

Konqueror (no border)

Okular (no border)

Dolphin (with border)

In my opinion the frame borders make a huge difference in look&feel.
I hope this will be changed future releases.
Dimitrios
Registered Member
OS
i have kde 4.2.2 and konqueror has the border like dolphin but okular does nt

«The magic continues...»
http://www.mageia.org
cfeck
KDE Developer

RE: ugly frames in some applications

Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:30 am
Excuse me if this sounds stupid, but I fail to understand you correctly. Are you saying that the applications _with_ the frame look better, or _without_ the frame?

I personally think the frames should be there, if not just to get the nice shadow effect in sunken frames with Skulpture :) Kate, for example, looks ugly with Skulpture, because Kate refuses to decorate its text view with a frame with any non-Oxygen style.

Christoph Feck
Stinkstiefel
Registered Member
cfeck wrote:Excuse me if this sounds stupid, but I fail to understand you correctly. Are you saying that the applications _with_ the frame look better, or _without_ the frame?

Yes, i meant that they look much better with the sunken frames. Otherwise it looks too flat.
Also the widget backgrounds should have some kind of shading. I think the homogeneous grey color does not fit very well with the polished look of plasma. There should be some structure, reflections, shadows, etc. in the widgets.
ash
Registered Member
i actually like flat stuff. like microsoft office xp 2002 style