This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Need some help creating a new icon theme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aapgorilla
Registered Member
OS
HI I have the following problem:

In mandriva 2009.1 spring with kde4.2.2 I having trouble correctly installing the following icon theme: http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show. ... tent=82562

When I just use the default like it provided in the package, the icons are not scaled past 32 or past a certain small size, so I tried to modify the icon.theme a little:

-change Fixed to Threshold in icon.theme but although icons do get bigger than 32 simple the 32 pixel icon is used and becomes blurry

-remove all non-scalable directories and references from the icon.theme and adjust the minimum sizes, most icons scale correctly but a lot of icons are replaced by the parent theme, specified in icon.theme, not the ones present in the theme.

What I am doing wrong?

Last edited by aapgorilla on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aapgorilla
Registered Member
OS
maybe this is a bug, I noticed similar behaviour with oxygen, which won't scale past 128 properly
aapgorilla
Registered Member
OS
No one to help me :(
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
There are not many KDE Artists at the forums unfortunately. You may have better luck contacting them at their mailing list: kde-artists@kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
aapgorilla
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:There are not many KDE Artists at the forums unfortunately. You may have better luck contacting them at their mailing list: kde-artists@kde.org.

It could be that these are bugs too, maybe you can try to resize oxygen icons (in dolphin for instance) past 128, they get blurry whilst I believe they should stay sharp