This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Stacked Icons 4.3?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
echoes
Registered Member
OS

Stacked Icons 4.3?

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:22 am
opensuse 11.1
kde 4.2.70 (20090415) "release 1.4"

i have two panels on my desktop. this is the one on the top of the screen:

is it possible to stack icons in two rows like in kde 3.5.x yet?
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS

RE: Stacked Icons 4.3?

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:01 am
echoes wrote:is it possible to stack icons in two rows like in kde 3.5.x yet?

Yes. You need to make the panel bigger though, and use the quicklauncher applet instead of just adding icons as-is to the panel. My quicklauncher, for example, is three rows high.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
echoes
Registered Member
OS

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 pm
Kryten2X4B wrote:
echoes wrote:is it possible to stack icons in two rows like in kde 3.5.x yet?

Yes. You need to make the panel bigger though, and use the quicklauncher applet instead of just adding icons as-is to the panel. My quicklauncher, for example, is three rows high.

i was hoping for a solution other than the quicklaunch plasmoid. it just doesn't work well with 4.3...
echoes
Registered Member
OS

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:35 pm
after some frustrations, i managed to get the quicklaunch plasmoid to do what i want it to do. it is far from perfect imho. i wish it was possible to reorder icons without editing the config file. is it even developed any more?

Last edited by echoes on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:52 pm
echoes wrote:after some frustrations, i managed to get the quicklaunch plasmoid to do what i want it to do. it is far from perfect imho. i wish it was possible to reorder icons without editing the config file. is it even developed any more?

The quicklauncher? Yes, I think it is - still developed I mean. Yes, it's far from perfect, but at least mostly works (in 4.2.x at least, don't know yet about 4.3). Personally, I'd love the "browse the start-menu for the app you want in the quicklauncher" as well as being able to sort it.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.