This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How 2 change the start menu icon

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dth1
Registered Member
OS

How 2 change the start menu icon

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:53 pm
I have installed kde 4.3 on an old p/c for testing purposes and prefer the 'blue K' menu start button to the suse green icon.

How can I change the icon - to the 'blue k' (on my main p/c) which is using kde 4.2.

Thanks
Hans
Administrator
OS
I think you can just remove $KDEDIR/share/icons/oxygen/scalable/places/start-here-branding.svg (usually /usr/share/....). Of course, it's probably better to move/rename the file rather than just removing it (to keep a backup).

You won't see the change immediately, so you can run [font=Courier]kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental[/font] or log out and in again.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
dth1
Registered Member
OS
Thanks very much Hans.

That worked perfectly.

Hans wrote:I think you can just remove $KDEDIR/share/icons/oxygen/scalable/places/start-here-branding.svg (usually /usr/share/....). Of course, it's probably better to move/rename the file rather than just removing it (to keep a backup).

You won't see the change immediately, so you can run [font=Courier]kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental[/font] or log out and in again.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Great to hear. Please mark this thread as solved by clicking on Image to make it easier for others with the same problem to find the solution. Thanks. =)

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts