This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Cannot stop knetworkmanager from loading in the system tray

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mgl2
Registered Member
Hello all.

I've got KDE 4.2.3 installed on Fedora 10. I've got the desktop configured to startup with a manually saved session. Prior to the later versions of 4.x, I had to issue a dbus command to get it to manually save the session, and this seemed to work.

Since then, the 'Save session' item has been added to the KDE menu in the 'leave' category. I think I remember using this, and that it worked (but now I'm not 100% sure).

In any case, I had been using knetworkmanager, and recently switched to the network manager plasma applet. I had previously configured knetworkmanager to load on startup by manually saving my desktop session while it was running. After switching to the plasma applet, I used the 'Save session' link to save my desktop without knetworkmanager running. However, I keep getting knetworkmanager loading in my system tray. It's not listed in any of the AutoStart settings, so my guess is that the Save session option is not actually working.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I can save window states with Save session link...so maybe this isn't the source of the problem? Any idea where else would I find settings that could be causing knetworkmanager to startup?

Last edited by mgl2 on Wed May 20, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgl2
Registered Member
Ok...solved this one. I found something that pointed me to the existence of /usr/share/autostart/knetworkmanager-autostart.desktop - after removing that file, it stopped loading.
toad
Global Moderator
OS
I found the most reliable way is to start with an empty session which is then adjusted via Autostart.

What I'd really like though is something that could let me chose a session I'd previously created, like profiles :) One profile per activity would be cool.

Debian testing