This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Moving screen

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mrcoolvogelbert
Registered Member

[SOLVED] Moving screen

Tue May 26, 2009 8:46 pm
Hello,

I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 along with KDE 4.

If I move the mouse up and down, the whole screen follows. As this behavior is very annoying I would like to switch it off.

Can you help me and please guide me to correct menu where I can do this, please?

Thanks a lot,

Christoph
einar
Administrator
OS

[SOLVED] Moving screen

Tue May 26, 2009 8:57 pm
By "moving mouse up and down", do you mean using the scroll wheel?

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
mrcoolvogelbert
Registered Member

[SOLVED] Moving screen

Tue May 26, 2009 9:20 pm
einar wrote:By "moving mouse up and down", do you mean using the scroll wheel?

No, I move the mouse as a whole and the sreen starts moving. If I move it down, then the contol panel, or what's that called, the panel where the K icon is located, moves up with everthing else and the screen below appears. There I can not nothing, no rightclick with the mouse or anything else.

I remember from Windows that you could hide the control panel somehow when you moved the mouse up.

When I use use the wheel of the mouse, everything is fine except for the fact that the icons, e.g. close window, of the active window are hidden right now becaue I have moved the whole screen up.
mrcoolvogelbert
Registered Member

[SOLVED] Moving screen

Tue May 26, 2009 9:25 pm
I solved the problem by myself:

I changed the display resolution from 1620x1024 to 1620x1050. Now everything is fine.
Hans
Administrator
OS

RE: [SOLVED] Moving screen

Tue May 26, 2009 10:02 pm
Sounds like you had "Virtual Screen" activated - i.e., a "screen" that is larger than the physical screen. Just a pointer for anyone else with the same problem.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts