This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Square Corners

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lithium
Registered Member

Square Corners

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:11 pm
Hello all.

I use QtCurve with completely square corners (as well as QtCurve window decoration). Is it possible to configure the plasma theme (Oxygen) to use square corners as well? I realize that the plasma theme is separate from the Qt theme but I don't need plasma to match exactly with QtCurve, I just want square corners throughout my UI.

Thanks.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: Square Corners

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:52 pm
Plasma themes are not configurable I believe. You will need to find a Plasma theme that has square corners unfortunately.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
lithium
Registered Member

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:07 pm
OK, I tried looking for some but as far as I can see they ALL have rounded corners. Do you have any recommendations?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:15 pm
Unfortunately I do not know of any. You could try using a SVG editor to change the Oxygen theme to have square corners. I believe many use Inkscape to do this.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
cfeck
KDE Developer
lithium
Registered Member

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:37 pm
Well, Atelier does have square corners but some things seem to break (ie "Leave" dialog). I just don't really like it. Actually, something like Oxygen with square corners would be perfect. How hard would it be to modify it with Inkscape?

Last edited by lithium on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cfeck
KDE Developer

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:09 pm
If there is something broken, why don't you contact the author and report the error? Of course you can try Inkscape, too :)

Christoph Feck
lithium
Registered Member

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:53 pm
I could contact him but it's more the whole look of Atelier that I don't personally find so pleasing. I'll see about Inkscape.