This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] KDE4.2 dark color schemes - some menus/buttons have wrong colors.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
richlion
Registered Member
OS
Hello All,

I am very happy KDE4.2 user now on Sabayon 4r2.
I always like the dark color schemes like "Evening Lilac" especially because fonts are brisk and sharp and the colors are a relief from work. All the white color schemes have **** fonts, that's why I don't like them very much. My questions is about menus and some bottons - most dark color schemes cause the text to dissapear - light gray fonts on white backgound. I searched and tried to locate the name of those in the System Settings -> Apperance -> Colors, there is a tab called "Colors". Can someone help me find the caption (or whatever it's called) that I can change to see the menu items and button text?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

*** Sabyon user since 2006 ***
Sabayon Linux amd64 13.03 - x86_64 Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz
KDE 4.10.1 - on Acer Aspire 7730 zg 17" with Nvidia Geforce 9300M GS
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Restarting the applications affected should cause the colours to be applied correctly. For those applications, please file bug reports at bugs.kde.org if they do not already exist.

If this still does not resolve the problem, then you will need to change the "Active text", "Inactive text" and "Disabled text" colours in System Settings > Appearence > Colours. Please report that to the author of the colour scheme.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
richlion
Registered Member
OS
Thanks Bcooksley,
no, restarting my X session did not help either. I will try your suggestions or fill a bug.

Best regards,
Richard.

richlion
Registered Member
OS
Ok, I've done some searching and it seems that all the non-KDE applications have this problem, some of them that I use are:
- Firefox
- Thunderbird
- Epiphany

So for them if I want my colors I check the option "Apply colors to non-KDE apps", otherwise I uncheck and start my application.

So it's a workaround.
Regards,
Richard