This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[KDE3.5] allow Application to get Rid of Window Decoration

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Lego
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

some weeks ago i bought a new PC and i installed Gentoo.

When it was done, i copyed my old kdefiles over the new one in my home directory.

I noticed the problem that vdr-sxfe can't remove the Window Decoration...
Some hours ago i now noticed that i have also Window decorations around the menu of xine.

So i think that this is a Problem with my config files. I googled but i did not find anything to allow this, but i also dont want to delete all my configs because it toked a lot of work in customizing.

With Fluxbox this feature of xine and vdr-sxfe works without problems.

So can anybody help me?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This sounds like two window managers at once, or KWin being misconfigured. Try removing ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc while outside a desktop session.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Lego
Registered Member
OS
so thank you for a reply, i tryed this i also deleted the second kwinicewm conf, but it didn't help.

Edit: i can remove the decoration manually, so it is possible to remove it but the tools won't do this
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
If you right click on the window decoration > configure window behaviour, then you may find a setting in there which helps. Any settings made in this dialog KWin will remember.

KDE Sysadmin
Lego
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:If you right click on the window decoration > configure window behaviour, then you may find a setting in there which helps. Any settings made in this dialog KWin will remember.

Yes i know, i also used this some time, but this also sucks if you want to use a windows sometimes with and sometims without border :)

Is there a way to specify key sequence that removes the border and maximies the window?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
There is a "Make Window fullscreen" and "Maximise Window" shortcuts available in the "Global Keyboard Shortcuts" control module ( which can be found in KControl )

If you set a shortcut to focus the window (Window decoration) > Advanced > Window Shortcut, then you can press both and the application window will be sent full screen. If you choose the Maximise window option however, the decoration will not be hidden.

If there is something different about windows you do not want to have decorations then you may wish to play around with some of KWin's detecting settings, since they can be quite specific.

KDE Sysadmin
Lego
Registered Member
OS
Thank you, this works temporary that works fine =)

if i find an other solution i will post it.