This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Color scheme documentation

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kap4lin
Registered Member
OS

Color scheme documentation

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:39 am
I am trying to create/modify a color scheme for myself from the existing ones... But I am confused on the various different objects. Is there any documentation (w/ previews) of the various objects whose color can be set/viewed/modified?

Settings > Colors > Colors (tab)

For example, I am looking for a place/doc which can answer these type of questions (few examples):

1. What does "Focus Decoration" mean?
2. There is a search bar on top of System Settings window, which is "inactive / disabled" depending on the the context. Which color options govern this search box?
3. The background color for active and inactive tabs are different. Which "object" defines this?

Sidux 2010.01 (Debian/Sid) - Intel i5 M 540, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia NVS 3100M on Lenovo T410
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Color scheme documentation

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:08 am
The information here seems quite detailed and may help: http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Oxygen/ColorSchemes

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
kap4lin
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:08 pm
Thanks bcooksley for the link.
Yes, that is indeed detailed to some extent, but unfortunately my questions still remain a mystery, especially 3rd one:

3. Which widget controls the background color for active and inactive tabs, say in Konsole, Konqueror?

I've been playing around w/o success. And btw, there is a color scheme named "Zion (reversed)" which I don't see in the list of scheme under Settings > Appearance > Colors > Scheme.

Sidux 2010.01 (Debian/Sid) - Intel i5 M 540, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia NVS 3100M on Lenovo T410
kap4lin
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:58 pm
another example:

Which widget color controls the "auto-completion" part of the text in krunner (which is barely visible)?

bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:56 am
It is probably one of the text colours for the "Disabled" or "Inactive" roles, in the case of KRunner ( Inactive is most likely )

KDE Sysadmin
kap4lin
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:34 am
Haven't been able to figure this out yet :/ Many of these are very very non-intuitive... Especially with a darkish color theme, it is becoming very difficult to get one thing right and not mess up the other....

bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:13 am
You may wish to contact Matthew Woehike, who I believe is the maintainer of KColorScheme and has written many of the currently available schemes.

KDE Sysadmin