This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot copy/paste, the X way

Tags: already implemented already implemented already implemented
(comma "," separated)
waterkip
Registered Member

Cannot copy/paste, the X way

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:33 am
Hello,

I just switched to KDE4 (upgraded my OS to Ubuntu 9.04) and am unable to copy/past properly. Normally, I would select some text with my mouse and shift insert it somewhere. This is now completely borked. I have something different in my buffer pasting something I don't want to be pasting.

In KDE3.5 when starting KDE for the first time you could select how you wanted the copy/paste behavior. Where can I find this in KDE4?

I couldn't find it in my keyboard and mouse settings (unless I overlooked it), any help is appreciated.

waterkip, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
robertm
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Cannot copy/paste, the X way

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:04 am
Run "Klipper". Then right click on the system tray icon that comes up. Go to "Configure Klipper". Make sure "General" is selected in the icon list on the left.

Now, in the right panel about halfway down there are two radio buttons. Select "Synchronize contents of the clipboard and selection".

There ya go.
waterkip
Registered Member

Re: Cannot copy/paste, the X way

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:18 am
Thank you very much. Although klipper didn't pop up on my taskbar, I was able to find it via the system settings and change the setting.

waterkip, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.