This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Mouse shortcuts (KDE4)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Azzco
Registered Member

Mouse shortcuts (KDE4)

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:02 pm
I was just wondering if there's any way to assign a shortcut to the mouse, for example I have one of those 10 button mouses and I woulc like to hld a thumb button and use the scrool wheel to switch to desktop right respectively left.
I can't figure out how to do that by myself it seems..

Thanks in advance for any tips. :)
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: Mouse shortcuts (KDE4)

Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:29 am
I believe that KHotkeys supports creating mouse gestures and triggering certain actions (dbus calls for instance) when they happen. However this functionality will be broken in 4.1, and may not yet be functional in 4.2.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Lake-end
Registered Member

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:46 am
bcooksley wrote:I believe that KHotkeys supports creating mouse gestures and triggering certain actions (dbus calls for instance) when they happen. However this functionality will be broken in 4.1, and may not yet be functional in 4.2.

Hey any news on this? Is it/When will it be possible to specify mouse buttons as triggers for say "present windows" or "show desktop grid"? This would be mighty handy feature to have!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:42 pm
This is a long standing feature request unfortunately ( dating back quite a few years ).

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]