This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ARGB Windows and easy styles/decorations

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
PoL666
Registered Member
OS
Zayed wrote:
Zarin wrote:For window decorations I plan to create an official SVG-based decoration for 4.3, meaning it will be possible for anyone with SVG experience to create a decoration without needing to write a single line of code. Currently the only other way to do it right now is be using the deKorator decoration (No idea if it's still being developed or not though).

:thumbs_up:
I can not wait till 4.3 !!

ohhh someone have heard my prayers *-*
Transparency like Aero on Vista or Murrine in Gnome would be something good

[align=center]Que dificil se me hace esto....[/align]

Blog Personal

Blog Linux Desktops

:shade:
onety-three
Registered Member
OS
Angel Blue01 wrote:While I love dekorator and how easy it makes window decorations to make, I want something similar for styles (PNG based?) !

Well, there does seem to be a project that wants to enable that (although SVG-based) - name is Cokoon.
It's not very active though. Don't know how well it works or if it works at all.

http://cia.vc/stats/project/kde/cokoon
Angel Blue01
Registered Member
OS
Hmm, I'd like to replicate my favorite MSSTYLES (Windows visual styles/skins) and those are PNG based, I suppose I could recreate the images as SVG...

Proudly dual-booting openSUSE 11.1 with KDE 4.3 and Windows Vista on a Toshiba A205-S4577 since July 2007.