This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Mutiple Device Entries in Device Actions - System Settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
1linuxfreak
Registered Member
OS
Thanks that cleared the Device Actions .
If I repopulate this now , will cause the duplication again ?
1linuxfreak
Registered Member
OS
Oops , now nothing mounts , USB or Flash Drives , do not mount now , is there a way to rebuild the removed files ? Short of recreating one by one .
Really like having , USB or Flash Drive mounting .
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Unfortunately there is not a way to rebuild them. You can download them from KDESVN, however I do not know where they are located. The other files located in that directory should handle the mounting just fine however.

I have attached an archive of the directory from my system, however please note that it is a trunk system.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
1linuxfreak
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Unfortunately there is not a way to rebuild them. You can download them from KDESVN, however I do not know where they are located. The other files located in that directory should handle the mounting just fine however.

I have attached an archive of the directory from my system, however please note that it is a trunk system.

Thanks will try and use your directory , I do have the old files still and put them back in , when I did USB and F-Drives mounted again , I did remove them again , now my other system is inflicted with the same problem now after KDE update , it has got to be coming from the KDE repository in YaST .
1linuxfreak
Registered Member
OS
Okay , used your directory , got same duplicated devices , enclosed screen shot . USB , F-Drives mount now , but still no CD auto-mount which was the issue of my original problem , CD mounts but no way to access it .
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
What do you mean CD mounts but no way to access it? Audio CD's should open in Dolphin using the "audiocd:/" KIO slave if they are Audio CD's, or normally by path if they are Data CD's.

If they do not have any data on them then they will either mount empty, or not mount at all ( usually K3b is associated to these discs )

KDE Sysadmin
1linuxfreak
Registered Member
OS
Okay lets say I put in a copy of 11.2 disc , it mounts but KDE does not give any indication of a mounted CD , checked "My Computer" , no CD device present , check 'Device Notifier' , nothing , Terminal , try and mount , says device is already mounted . Empty or full no matter , no trip activity to access disc .
'dmesg' shows drive , as well as YaST Hardware , drive works fine , and now my other Com does the same thing after a KDE update , the other Com use to immediately bring up 'Device Notifier' when disc was inserted as did the one I am on that does not now .
A data CD should trip a 'Device Notifier' event , some how KDE is missing this event and not allowing access to the disc , HAL , mtab , fstab .
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
This shouldn't be related to the removal of those two files, it is probably related to the newer predicates not being compatible with your trunk system if you overwrote all files.

KDE Sysadmin
1linuxfreak
Registered Member
OS
Follow up . I installed SuSE 11.2 Ms6 on a drive , copied the Actions folder and replaced the Action folder in the effected one with it , now the Device Actions-System Settings looks normal (until next update) .
1linuxfreak
Registered Member
OS
Another update , latest round of KDE-openSuSE updates broke it at again . :((
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Are you using KDE 4.3 or KDE 4.4-Trunk?

KDE Sysadmin
1linuxfreak
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Are you using KDE 4.3 or KDE 4.4-Trunk?

4.3.1 (release 163) , I had the 'actions' folder worked out so I thought , but then the update to 4.3.1 does the same and duplicates the same entries .
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Unfortunate. It appears that the invalid action can indeed be fixed, but the multiple names of actions will be corrected in a different manner however, through changes in the Solid Actions KCM.

KDE Sysadmin
1linuxfreak
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Unfortunate. It appears that the invalid action can indeed be fixed, but the multiple names of actions will be corrected in a different manner however, through changes in the Solid Actions KCM.

Is that something you are working on ?
I see you are a System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer .
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Yes it is. It will likely be committed in a few weeks time, when I will have some more spare time.

KDE Sysadmin