This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to import shortcuts scheme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
blindvic
Registered Member
OS

How to import shortcuts scheme

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:04 am
I added some alternate shortcuts to Gwenview. And i am able to export the scheme.
But how do i import the scheme on another machine - i cannot find a way?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: How to import shortcuts scheme

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:24 am
This appears to be a missing element in the Shortcuts dialog, which is part of KDELibs. Please report a feature request at bugs.kde.org.

In the meantime, what type of file was exported by the dialog? If a file by its name exists in ~/.kde*/share/config/ or ~/.kde*/share/apps/gwenview then copy the file there when Gwenview is not running.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
blindvic
Registered Member
OS
lueck
Mentor

Re: How to import shortcuts scheme

Thu May 10, 2012 2:00 pm
For the record:

If you create a new shortcuts scheme named 'schemename' in application 'appname', it is saved in $KDEDIR/apps/appname/appnameschemenameshortcuts.rc.

Exporting the scheme 'schemename' in application 'appname' you have to select a folder and the exported scheme is saved in shortcuts/share/apps/appname/appnameschemenameshortcuts.rc below the selected folder.

Copy/move the file appnameschemenameshortcuts.rc to the folder $KDEDIR/apps/appname/ it will be picked up and accessible in the drop down box labelled "Current scheme"