This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Celsius for Temperature Widget / Plasmoid

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
undoIT
Registered Member
OS
Well, I just came in from the patio after having my laptop overheat because I was sitting in the sun. After finishing blowing out the dust from the heat vents, I thought I'd try to find out if it is possible to show the temperature in Celsius while using the temperature widget for Plasma. I've got Kubuntu 9.04 installed with KDE 4.2. I don't see any configuration setting to do this.

I'm accustomed to seeing temperature readings in Celsius and prefer the metric system anyways. Are there any other widgets that give the readout in Celsius, or a way to change the built-in widget?

Image GNU/Linux user since 2007 | Keyboard Shortcuts | Coupon Code Swap
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I believe that Plasma will follow the measurement unit setting in System Settings > Regional & Langauge > Country / Region & Language > Other. I have Metric selected and recieve my information in Celcius.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
undoIT
Registered Member
OS
Hurray! Metric :)

For anyone else who reads this, you will have to reboot after changing these settings for them to go into effect.
xitao
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:I believe that Plasma will follow the measurement unit setting in System Settings > Regional & Langauge > Country / Region & Language > Other. I have Metric selected and recieve my information in Celcius.

thanks.
i use kde 4.11.2 under opensuse13.1,but i cannt find 'System Settings'.
anyone know how to make it ?
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
xitao wrote: i use kde 4.11.2 under opensuse13.1,but i cannt find 'System Settings'.
anyone know how to make it ?

Use "Configure Desktop" instead. openSUSE renames the menu entry, because the "_System_ Settings" are considered to be YaST actually.

Or just type "systemsettings" into a Konsole or the Alt+F2 dialog.