This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to make Kate backup files auto-hidden?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
warnec
Registered Member
It always annoys me that Kate creates backup files of the text files I modify named "file~". For me, it feels like they clutter my folders. They have proven, however, really useful when I mess anything up. So I don't want to get rid of them, but simply make them auto-hidden by default just as it happens with files/folders starting with ".".How do I do that?

Thanks in advance!
Hans
Administrator
OS
Settings -> Configure Kate... -> Open/Save -> Advanced -> add "." (dot) to "Prefix" under "Backup on Save".

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
warnec
Registered Member
Thanks. But this seems rather like a workaround - I personally hoped for a description how to configure Dolphin to make *~ files hidden.

But works nevertheless, thanks.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS
It isn't currently possible. There is a brainstorm idea about this, though: [Dolphin] Custom Hidden File Rules.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965