This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Hiding the toolbar via script

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zsaja
Registered Member

Hiding the toolbar via script

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:14 pm
Hi all,

I have a question about hiding the plasma toolbar. I know I can achieve this by clicking through the plasma menu on the toolbar, but I rather would like to set the toolbar to autohide mode via a script/console command.

The reason is the following: For playing an fps game in fullscreen, I configured this program to appear as a normal window but without any decorations. Doing so, the game runs effectively in fullscreen mode, but I can still easily switch between the game and other applications. However, the toolbar will cover the bottom part of the game which is annoying. So before starting it I usually set the toolbar to autohide mode by clicking through the menu (it is in "always visible" mode in all other circumstances). Lazy as I am, I would like to make this switching to autohide automatic by writing a little script which is basically supposed to do the following:

- set the plasma toolbar to autohide mode
- start the game
- set the plasma toolbat to always visible mode afterwards

Any ideas how to achieve this?

Best,
Zsaja
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Hiding the toolbar via script

Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:18 am
It may be better to simply configure KWin to "Full Screen" the application. Plasma does not offer much in terms of a D-Bus interface at this time to support such external scripts.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]