This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Titlebars?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rldev
Registered Member

KDE Titlebars?

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:33 pm
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but how can I alter the size, color and look of KDE4.3 Titlebars? When I change themes, the titlebar and it's graphics never change.

I am coming from Gnome. Thanks.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: KDE Titlebars?

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:35 pm
I guess you're talking about window decorations: System Settings -> Appearance -> Windows.
Topic moved to Appearance & System Customization.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
rldev
Registered Member

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:00 pm
So there is no way to change the size of the titlebar height, etc?
Hans
Administrator
OS

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:06 pm
It depends on which decoration you use. If you want Oxygen with more options (however, not with height configuration as far as I know) there's Nitrogen.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Ahmad Samir
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:22 am
With nitrogen you can change the height indirectly, if you change the button size the height will change to fit it.
WinterMadness
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:12 pm
How can I use a different theme for a window decoration that doesnt come with KDE by default?

I see all these nice window decorations on kde look and I cant figure out how to load them
Hans
Administrator
OS

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:35 pm
"Native" window decorations have to be compiled. The easiest way to install them is probably with your package manager - which distribution do you use?
As for deKorator/Aurorae you have to install the theme engine (again, via your package manager) first. The decorations listed under those categories should be pretty easy to install.

WinterMadness
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:31 pm
I use Kubuntu