This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

shoudn't "Desktop Settings" be a kcm module?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vbatts
Registered Member
OS
instead of having to go to the :
desktop => <right click> => "desktop settings"
just to be able to update the wallpaper or theme, it would seem intuitive to include it as a kcm module so that it could appear the the `systemsettings` in the Desktop options.

Take care,

vbatts, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Sep.

http://hashbangbash.com/
Hans
Administrator
OS
The desktop settings are tied to the activity, thus it may be logical to right click on the current activity -> desktop settings (in the same way that you configure individual panels and plasmoids).

Desktop theme has its own kcm module in trunk, though.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
vbatts
Registered Member
OS
i can understand it being available on the right click as well, to follow the activity.
the SystemSettings has done such a good job of consolidating the administration of so much, that i was surprised to not be able to change my theme from there.

good thing that is is trunk. so does that mean it would likely be tagged for 4.4 or 4.3.3?

Take care,

Hans
Administrator
OS
4.4 I would guess, since the 4.3 branch is frozen for such changes (as far as I know).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS
Hans wrote:The desktop settings are tied to the activity, thus it may be logical to right click on the current activity -> desktop settings (in the same way that you configure individual panels and plasmoids).

Not entirely. The plasma-theme seems to be global: that is, it's configured for all activities regardless of which one is currently active. It does for me at least. The rest (such as wallpaper and wallpaper-type) is indeed tied to the activity.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Kryten2X4B wrote:Not entirely. The plasma-theme seems to be global: that is, it's configured for all activities regardless of which one is currently active. It does for me at least. The rest (such as wallpaper and wallpaper-type) is indeed tied to the activity.

Yes, and that's why it's been moved to a kcm module in System Settings. ;)

vbatts
Registered Member
OS
awesome! thanks all