This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

System colors and Openoffice

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kap4lin
Registered Member
OS

System colors and Openoffice

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:51 am
This has been an annoying problem for a long time. With a dark color theme for KDE4, Openoffice.org's Calc does not honor the background colors. Which widget's color (in Systemsettings > Appearance > Colors) should I modify to get the desired result? Note that Openoffice.org's Writer works fine. Here are some examples:
With a light theme (or even a slightly darker theme such as Wonton Soup):
ImageImage

With a dark theme (Obsidian Coast):
ImageAs you can see the bg in the spreadsheet is not imposed.

For sanity, I have forced Openoffice.org's appearance to have a Document background of white and Font color of black this way (all other interface elements are automatic):

Thanks.

Sidux 2010.01 (Debian/Sid) - Intel i5 M 540, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia NVS 3100M on Lenovo T410
Alec
Registered Member
OS

Re: System colors and Openoffice

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:24 pm
I think the solution you found is the right one.

OpenOffice is not actually a real KDE app - it only pretends to be one, so it sometimes does some things inconsistently.

Get problems solved faster - get reply notifications through Jabber!
kap4lin
Registered Member
OS

Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:32 pm
So, there is no way one can modify Obsidian Coast (or anything else in Openoffice.org) to behave properly with Openoffice.org?

Sidux 2010.01 (Debian/Sid) - Intel i5 M 540, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia NVS 3100M on Lenovo T410
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:42 am
The colour theme can be customised from the shipped theme values through the colour KCM I believe. ( System Settings > Appearance > Colour )

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]