This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Horizontal scrolling with touchpad (KDE 4.2.2)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Neosano
Registered Member
OS
Hello guys,
Horizontal scrolling is not working!
Vertical one is working fine! (As far as I remember EVERYTHING was fine in kde 3 )
In gsynaptics I can disable vertical scrolling, and it disables. But enabling/disabling horizontal scrolling doesn't work.
What can I do?
Alec
Registered Member
OS
I never used gsynaptics and I'm not exactly sure what exactly you mean by horizontal scroll, but you can try playing with synclient.

You can get all the touchpad options by running "synclient -l" and then you can change the options you want to like this "synclient HorizEdgeScroll=1" or "synclient HorizTwoFingerScroll=1"

Hope that helps :)

Get problems solved faster - get reply notifications through Jabber!
Neosano
Registered Member
OS
Alec wrote:I never used gsynaptics and I'm not exactly sure what exactly you mean by horizontal scroll, but you can try playing with synclient.

You can get all the touchpad options by running "synclient -l" and then you can change the options you want to like this "synclient HorizEdgeScroll=1" or "synclient HorizTwoFingerScroll=1"

Yea, it works! Thanks again! :)
By the word what is TWOFINGERSCROLL? :D

Edit: WEWT! NICE! I got it :D!
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
Alec wrote:I never used gsynaptics and I'm not exactly sure what exactly you mean by horizontal scroll, but you can try playing with synclient.

Brilliant, thanks! It took a lot of digging to find out how to fine-tune my trackpad settings in KDE 4.3. I much prefer two-finger vertical scrolling over vertical edge scrolling.

Why this stuff doesn't exist in the GUI in the Keyboard and Mouse settings is beyond me.
albertoguevara
Registered Member
OS
Hey guys, thanks for the tip. It worked on my hp pavilion. Well, i was playing around with the two finger scrolling thing but i can't get it working, do you know what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance. Alberto.