This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Gnome applications under KDE4

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
livthomas
Registered Member
OS

Gnome applications under KDE4

Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:47 pm
I started to use KDE a few days ago, when Kubuntu 9.10 was released. I used Gnome and its applications under Ubuntu 9.04, but I'm trying to get used to KDE now. I use as many KDE native applications as possible, but there are some better Gnome apps such as Synaptic, GIMP, Bluefish... I have a laptop with small screen resolution, so I'm using DejaVu Sans 8. Gnome applications completely ignore these settings and use their big fonts. I customized Firefox and Thunderbird in their userChrome.css file, but I can't do anything with other apps. Any suggestions?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Gnome applications under KDE4

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:36 am
To customise the fonts GNOME applications use, you will need to either:

1) Use the Gtk KCM in System Settings > Appearance. You may not have this module.

2) Use the native tools provided by GNOME.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
livthomas
Registered Member
OS

Re: Gnome applications under KDE4  Topic is solved

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:02 pm
It works only with Raleigh theme that's not very nice. But when I use QtCurve the fonts are still big. Is there any way how can I configure QtCurve?

EDIT: The problem is solved. QtCurve uses KDE font settings, but when you have just installed OS there aren't any settings for GTK applications. So I only changed font to any other and then changed it back and it works.