This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

krfb startup at boot?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Shadowtester
Registered Member
OS

krfb startup at boot?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:34 pm
Ok I really dislike krfb opening up an invitation window on system startup. I have found out that I can add the "-nodialog" to the command line in the menu and that stops the invitation window from opening when I start krfb from the menu. My question is where can I find krfb being started from at system startup so I can modify its command as well to stop the invitation window from opening all the time.

Thanks
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: krfb startup at boot?

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:25 am
Try checking in ~/.kde4/Autostart. Additionally, it may be being restored by the KDE Session Management Server ( KSMServer ). In this case, add an autostart item, and open System Settings > Advanced > Session Manager, and add "krfb" to the exceptions list.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Shadowtester
Registered Member
OS

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:39 pm
There is nothing in the kde autostart folder and I do not want to stop krfb from starting i just want to get it to open into the system tray without opening a invitation window on the desktop.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: krfb startup at boot?  Topic is solved

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:10 pm
In order to get the parameters passed to it on startup, you need to manually make it autostart, through adding an autostart item, since you can then control the parameters passed to it. You need to add the session manager exception so that it isn't started twice.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Shadowtester
Registered Member
OS

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:43 pm
Ok thank you for your explaining that I understand now.